Multiply your impact on Match Day, Nov. 27, 2018
Match Day is an opportunity to help nonprofit organizations grow their funds exponentially--so they can fulfill promises to our local communities for years to come. On Giving Tuesday, make a gift to your favorite local nonprofits. The more you give, the more your favorite charities get from the $50,000 match pool. Celebrate with us in person, or donate online.
How It Works
- Come to the event and make a donation.
Date: Tuesday, November 27, 2018
Time: 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Place: Western Kansas Community Foundation, 402 N. Main St., Garden City or donate online anytime from midnight to midnight
- The $50,000 match pool will be divided among the participating organizations in proportion to the total amount raised. We can earn up to 50 percent of the pool if contributions to our organization that day equal 50 percent or more of the total amount raised.
- As extra incentive to donate in person, hourly prize grants will be given throughout the day, drawn from the previous hour’s donors contributing in person. Organizations can also earn prize grants if they raise the most money or have the most individual donors.
- Donations of $20-$2,000 per person per organization are eligible for a match. Cash, checks and credit cards will be accepted. Donations are tax-deductible and can be divided among multiple organizations. Checks must be made payable to Western Kansas Community Foundation.
You can donate online 12:00 a.m.-11:59 p.m. on November 27, 2018
- Community Betterment Fund
- Dr. Stephen Meyers Fund
- Emmaus House
- Finney County Community Health Coalition
- Finney County Historical Society
- Finney County Humane Society
- Finney County Public Library
- Finney County United Way
- Friends of Lee Richardson Zoo
- Garden City Arts
- Garden City Family YMCA
- Garden City Public Schools Foundation
- High Plains Public Radio
- Leadership Garden City
- Leave a Legacy Foundation
- Miles of Smiles Therapeutic Horsemanship
- Mosaic in Garden City
- Russell Child Development Center
- Shepherd of the Plains Foundation, Cimarron
- Spirit of the Plains CASA
- St. Catherine Hospital's Benincasa Hospitality House
- Women of Purpose Fund
Wichita County Organizations
- Happy One of Leoti
- Heart Strings to Purse Strings
- Wichita County 4-H and Fair Fund
- Wichita County Economic Development
- Wichita County Health Center
- Wichita County Whole Health Fund
The success of Match Day will be magnified when local nonprofits and community members spread the word. Attached are tools to use to promote the event.
|Web Banner 2018||94.97 KB|
|Donor Letter 2018||229.66 KB|
|Newsletter Story 2018.docx||226.91 KB|
|Half Page Flyer 2018.pdf||329.28 KB|
|Full Page Flyer 2018.pdf||321.66 KB|
|Poster 8x11 2018.pdf||274.99 KB|
|Poster 11x17 2018.pdf||268.05 KB|
|Informational Insert 2018.pdf||374.33 KB|
|WKCF Giving Form 2018||310.84 KB|
|Wichita County Giving Form 2018||311.3 KB|