Multiply your impact on Match Day, Dec. 3, 2019
Match Day is an opportunity to help nonprofit organizations grow their funds exponentially--so they can fulfill promises to our local communities for years to come. On Giving Tuesday, make a gift to your favorite local nonprofits. The more you give, the more your favorite charities get from the $75,000 match pool. Celebrate with us in person, or donate online.
How It Works
- Come to the event and make a donation.
Date: Tuesday, December 3, 2019
Time: 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Place: Western Kansas Community Foundation, 402 N. Main St., Garden City or donate online anytime from midnight to midnight
- The $75,000 match pool will be divided among the participating organizations in proportion to the total amount raised. Agencies can earn up to 50 percent of the pool if contributions to their organization that day equal 50 percent or more of the total amount raised.
- As extra incentive to donate in person, hourly prize grants will be given throughout the day, drawn from the previous hour’s donors contributing in person. Organizations can also earn prize grants if they raise the most money or have the most individual donors.
- Donations of $20-$2,000 per person per organization are eligible for a match. Cash, checks and credit cards will be accepted. Donations are tax-deductible and can be divided among multiple organizations. Checks must be made payable to Western Kansas Community Foundation.
You can donate online 12:00 a.m.-11:59 p.m. on December 3, 2019
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Finney & Kearny Counties
- Community Betterment Fund
- Emmaus House
- Famiy Crisis Services
- Finney County Historical Society
- Finney County Humane Society
- Finney County Public Library
- Finney County United Way
- Friends of Lee Richardson Zoo
- Garden City Arts
- Garden City Family YMCA
- Garden City Rotary Club
- Garden City Public Schools Foundation
- Humanities Kansas
- High Plains Public Radio
- Leave a Legacy Foundation
- Magic's HOPE
- Miles of Smiles Therapeutic Horsemanship
- Mosaic in Garden City
- Real Men Real Leaders
- Russell Child Development Center
- Shepherd of the Plains Foundation, Cimarron
- Spirit of the Plains CASA
- St. Catherine Hospital's Benincasa Hospitality House
- St. Catherine Hospital Development Foundation
- Tumbleweed Festival
- Women of Purpose Fund
Wichita County Organizations
- Happy One of Leoti
- Heart Strings to Purse Strings
- Wichita County 4-H and Fair Fund
- Wichita County Economic Development
- Wichita County Health Center
- Wichita County Municipal Golf Course
- Wichita County Whole Health Fund
The success of Match Day will be magnified when local nonprofits and community members spread the word. Attached are tools to use to promote the event.