July 2018 Grants
Friday, October 19, 2018
13 local nonprofit organizations were awarded with grants totaling $27,716 from the Community Betterment Fund, the Kansas Health Foundation Children’s Fund, and various Field of Interest and Unrestricted funds for its July grant cycle.
The Grants Committee reviewed 17 applications; 13 of which were awarded. The winning grants are as follows:
1. Dudley Township Library “Kevin Horner ‘One Friend Can Make a Difference”
$1,000 to cover a portion of speaker costs for a follow-up anti-bullying presentation.
2. Families Together “CareING Notebook”
$1,685 for supplies needed to provide health service notebooks to families of special needs children.
3. Garden City Presbyterian Church “Northeast Community Garden”
$3,000 to be used toward the water and irrigation expenses of a new 32 plot community garden at the church.
4. Greeley County Health Services “Improved Safety and Mobility for LTC Residents”
$2,000 toward the purchase of a sit-to-stand lift.
5. Kansas Children’s Service League “Early Headstart Classroom”
$3,000 to furnish a new early Headstart classroom as well as provide some teacher resources.
6. Kansas Society for Children with Challenges “Western Kansas Outreach”
$5,000 to provide funding toward medical equipment for children in southwest Kansas.
7. Magic’s HOPE “Community Outreach Materials & Supplies”
$644 to purchase a portable pony corral.
8. Satanta Area Arts Council “Dinner and a show with Amelia Earhart and Calamity Jane”
$1,737 for historical dinner-theater performances from Ride into History about Amelia Earhart and Calamity Jane.
9. USD #214 - Odyssey of the Mind “Odyssey of the Mind”
$2,000 to go toward the competition fees for World Odyssey of the Mind competition.
10. Wichita County Genealogical Society “Book Shelves for School Records”
$650 toward materials needed to rebuild shelving to house school and genealogical records.
11. Wichita County Library “Legos at the Library”
$500 to purchase duplo legos, themed reading books and lego instruction books for a lego program at the library.
12. Wichita County Parks and Rec “Shade to Save Your Health”
$5,000 to build permanent metal shade structures at the Wichita County Public Pool.
13. Second Baptist Church “Kingdom Building Here on Earth”
$1,500 to replace a non-working fridge/freezer for community meal ministry.
The July grant cycle is the second of three grant cycles offered by WKCF each year. The final grant deadline for this year is November 1st.
The Community Betterment Fund and Kansas Health Foundation Children’s Fund, administered by WKCF, are committed to benefiting community-based projects as well as programs targeted to benefit children in Southwest Kansas. Money from these unrestricted funds contributes each year to the grants program at the WKCF.
Learn more about the different options we have available to make it easy for you to contribute.
Get in touch with us today to get more information about our Funds, Giving Options, and Grants.