Match Day - Tuesday, Nov. 29, 2022
Multiply your impact on Match Day, Nov. 29, 2022
Match Day is an opportunity to help nonprofit organizations grow their funds exponentially--so they can fulfill promises to our local communities for years to come. Between November 15th and November 29th, the day known globally as Giving Tuesday and locally as MatchDay, make a gift to your favorite local nonprofits. The more you give, the more your favorite charities get from the $100,000 match pool. Donate online and celebrate with us throughout the day.
How It Works
- Donation Period: November 15 - November 29, 2022
How: Make your donations online, by mailed check, or in-person
- The $100,000 match pool will be divided among the participating organizations in proportion to the total amount raised. Agencies can earn up to 50 percent of the pool if contributions to their organization that day equal 50 percent or more of the total amount raised.
- As extra incentive, prize grants will be given throughout the day based on various criteria. Organizations can also earn prize grants if they raise the most money.
- Donations of $20-$2,000 per donor per organization are eligible for a match. Credit cards, debit card, and ACH donations are encouraged through matchday.wkcf.org in order to help streamline our event. Donations are tax-deductible and can be divided among multiple organizations. All donors will receive a receipt detailing the amounts and benefiting organizations.
How to Give:
- Online: visit matchday.wkcf.org, search for your favorite organizations and add donations to your "shopping cart." Make your donations between November 15th - 29th through the secure online system via credit card, debit card, or ACH.
- In-Person: Join us November 29th from 7am - 7pm, location TBD, to make contributions in-person. Only check or electronic donations will be accepted, NO CASH.
- Mail: Contributions made by check can be mailed to WKCF at 402 N. Main, Garden City, KS 67846. To be eligible for a match, checks must be made out to WKCF with a giving form designating the benefitting organizations, and must be both dated and postmarked between November 15th - November 29th.
Participating Organizations - Subject to Change
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Finney & Kearny Counties
- Catholic Charities of Southwest Kansas
- Cerebral Palsy Research Foundation
- Community Day Care Center - Garden City
- Emmaus House
- Family Crisis Services
- Finney County 4-H Foundation
- Finney County Historical Society
- Finney County Humane Society
- Finney County Public Library
- Finney County United Way
- Friends of Lee Richardson Zoo
- Garden City Arts
- Garden City Family YMCA
- Great Plains Christian Radio/KJIL
- Great Plains MakerSpace
- High Plains Public Radio
- Humanities Kansas
- Leave A Legacy Foundation
- Magic's HOPE
- Miles of Smiles
- Real Men Real Leaders
- Russell Child Development Center
- Shepherd of the Plains
- Spirit of the Plains, CASA
- St. Catherine Hospital Benincasa House
- St. Catherine Hospital Development Foundation
- Tumbleweed Festival
- USD #457 Public Schools Foundation
- WKCF Community Development Fund
- Women of Purpose
Wichita County Organizations
- Happy One of Leoti
- Heart Strings to Purse Strings
- Wichita County 4H & Fair
- Wichita County Economic Development
- Wichita County Health Center
- Wichita County Municipal Golf Course
- Wichita County Whole Health Fund
Tools to Promote MatchDay
The success of Match Day will be magnified when local nonprofits and community members spread the word. Attached are tools to use to promote the event.