The Western Kansas Community Foundation reviews applications four times per year. Applications are continually available and must be postmarked no later than the closing date for the cycle it is to be considered.
Incomplete applications will not be considered!
ALL application materials must be submitted each time a grant is applied for, regardless of whether or not your organization has applied to us before.
***As of January 1st, 2017, the application deadlines are as follows:
|Application Due Dates||Grants Awarded|
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY 5:00PM ON THE DAY OF THE DEADLINE (IN PERSON, ONLINE OR VIA EMAIL) AND MUST BE POSTMARKED NO LATER THAN THE DAY OF THE DEADLINE IF MAILED, NO EXCEPTIONS.
We HIGHLY suggest you submit you application before the deadline in case of any technical difficulties.
Who Do We Fund?
The Foundation restricts its support to 501(c)(3) or other exempt organizations/groups or the government equivalent, in western Kansas who are served by the Western Kansas Community Foundation.
After we receive your completed proposal, the Foundation's Grants Committee will meet to review your application. The Grants Committee will make its recommendations to the Board of Directors. You will be notified of the Board's decision as soon as possible after the Board meeting at which your application is considered.
Organizations that are awarded a grant are not eligible for the next grant cycle unless the funds have been expended, AND, the organization is requesting funds for a separate project. The Final Report is due at completion of your program and before an additional grant will be funded, or approximately one year from the date funds are received.
The Foundation encourages grant requests for projects or programs that:
- Fall in line with our mission statement - "Enriching Western Kansas life through philanthropy, leadership and collaboration."
- Will have a broad impact on the quality of life for a large number of people within our service area.
- Propose ways to address community issues and problems.
- Leverage other sources of support.
- Stimulate others to participate in addressing community programs.
- Are innovative, a new initiative, or an enhancement of an existing program.
- Is responsive to changing or emerging community needs.
- Are sustainable over time.
- Are collaborative with other organizations for a broader impact.
- Require specific items to impact the services your organization is providing to your patrons.
- Service counties within our 15 county service area. These applications will receive first consideration. These counties include: Greeley, Wichita, Scott, Lane, Hamilton, Kearny, Finney, Stanton, Grant, Haskell, Gray, Morton, Stevens, Seward, and Meade
The Foundation will not give consideration to:
- Operating or maintenance expenses (including salaries).
- Medical or scholarly research.
- Membership fees.
- Banquet or luncheon expenses.
- Ticket sales for charitable fund-raising efforts.
- Religious organizations for religious purposes.
- Travel expenses for groups, such as school classes, clubs or sport teams.
- Capital debt reduction.
- Political lobbying or legislative activities.
- Use of and payment for services of a fiscal agent.
- Endowment establishment or enhancement.
- Umbrella funding organizations that would distribute requested funds at their own discretion.
- Marketing tools, such as water bottles, t-shirts, pens, etc.
- Give-away items for prizes/incentives.
- Incomplete applications.
Due to the number of requests the Foundation receives, it is not guaranteed every project will be funded or full requests will be met. The Foundation will only accept one grant request per organization, per grant period. Programs and projects must be completed within a one-year period from the date the application was due. If you have an open grant with the Foundation, further grant applications will be ineligible until the submission of a Final Report is received by the Foundation.
Each grant request will be reviewed and evaluated on its own merit based on the contents of the application form. For this reason, it is important to provide clear and complete responses to all information requested.